The annual Empowering Women Symposium, hosted by OCA Greater Phoenix at Scottsdale Community College on Friday, September 15, was a resounding success. This year’s event, which brought together an impressive lineup of speakers and panelists, delved into two pivotal topics: Women’s Empowerment in Entrepreneurship and Mental Health.
The event’s triumph was a testament to the exceptional leadership of Astria Wong, President of OCA Greater Phoenix Chapter. Her dedication and vision were instrumental in making the symposium a reality.
Colleen Coons, President of Rotary Club Mesa West, assumed the role of moderator and expertly guided the discussions, ensuring that the audience received valuable insights and inspiration from the panels.
The heart of the event lay in the incredible speakers who generously shared their uplifting personal stories and shed light on these crucial topics. Here are some of the standout participants:
Women in Entrepreneurship Panelists:
- Grace Lau: Managing Principal Benefit Financial Services Group
- Mai Le: CEO of Asian Media Network
- Ethel Luzario: Realtor, West USA Realty
- Gemma Santana: Founder of Zola XXI Designs
- Choo Tay: Entrepreneur & Founder Media 88 (could not attend last minute)
Mental Health Panelists:
- Dr. James Campbell: Psychiatrist Human Services Commission of Scottsdale
- Dr. Ruth Lim: Medical Director Dobson Integrative Medical Center
- Anna Liu: Founder, Wiser Counselling
Business Insurance Workshop:
- Sadi Chhoa: Enterprise Operations ECC Manager State Farm
- Maria Liwag: Agent State Farm
The event wasn’t just about professionals—it also celebrated the young leaders of tomorrow. Czerina Harvey, a Girl Scout, left a lasting impression with her contributions.
Behind the scenes, dedicated interns, volunteers, sponsors, and enthusiastic participants played a pivotal role in bringing this event to life. Their unwavering support and commitment were instrumental in making the Empowering Women Symposium an incredible success.
The 2023 Empowering Women Symposium was more than just a gathering; it was a celebration of women’s strength, resilience, and achievements. It showcased the power of community and the importance of fostering conversations about entrepreneurship and mental health. As OCA Greater Phoenix continues its mission to empower women, we look forward to future events that will undoubtedly inspire and uplift all those in attendance.